- Solar power is the cleanest form of energy known.
- Solar panels have no moving parts, no repair, no maintenance.
- Unlike conventional energy sources, which are location-specific, i.e. coal must be mined where it exists, the sun shines everywhere. Harnessing its power will create jobs right here in Vermont.
- The solar panels that Same Sun of Vermont uses are guaranteed to be at 80% or more effective after 25 years of use.
- Every kWh generated by your solar array offsets 1 pound of carbon pollution per year. An average residential system will offset more than 100 TONS of carbon in its 30-year life; this is equivalent to planting more than 12 acres of trees.
- Per Vermont Statute, your utility company must pay a premium for solar production, equal to the state average residential rate per kilowatt hour (kWh), plus in most cases, a $0.04 per kWh adder.
- Ten years of your current electric bill will get you thirty years of clean solar power.
Facts About Solar
- The earth receives about 1,366 watts of direct solar radiation per square meter proving that there is enough solar energy to power the earth’s usage each day.
- In one hour more sunlight falls on the earth than what is used by the entire population in one year.
- The United States is responsible for almost 25% of the world's total energy consumption. We use one million gallons of oil every two minutes.
- Germany, the world's greatest solar producer, receives less light per day than Vermont.
- Top ten countries using solar as of 2010 (in megawatts):
Germany – 9,785 MW
Spain – 3,386 MW
Japan – 2,633 MW
United States – 1,650 MW)
Italy – 1,167 MW
Czech Republic – 465 MW
Belgium – 363 MW
China – 305 MW
France – 272 MW
India – 120 MW
Contact Us for more information or to learn more about the facts and benefits of solar.